Volunteering with the Waterway Recovery Group is a great way for people to get ahead in the jobs market, have fun and learn new skills whilst making a difference. Waterway Recovery Group run week long residential conservation holidays (Canal Camps) on canals around the country. We are dedicated to restoring the industrial heritage and and environment of our historic waterways. We are run entirely by volunteers for volunteers and our people come from all age groups and from all over the world.
Canal Camps are cheap (£56), great fun and add the kind of points to a CV that employers look for. Volunteers will get the chance to learn some amazing new skills such as bricklaying and heritage pointing skills.
Who digs canals?
Canal camps are ideal for those who:
- Need to make their CVs stand out
- Want to meet new people and make new friends
- Who need to show practical experience of team work and leadership
- Want to learn new skills such as bricklaying, heritage restoration or construction
- Are unemployed and want to add something different to their CV
- Want to have fun whilst doing something completely different
More information on Canal Camps can be obtained by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org