The Stratford District Council’s Parish and Partners briefing for September 2016 has just been published. This issue includes news and features on the following
- The adoption of its Core Strategy on 11 July 2016 which now forms part of the legal ‘Development Plan’ for the District to decide planning applications.
- Parish Champions – Streetscene (the Waste, Recycling, Street Cleansing and Ground Maintenance team at Stratford-on-Avon District Council) are looking at a new initiative and putting some feelers out for community spirited individuals to be a nominated Champion for their parish.
- Warwickshire County Councillors Grant Fund – The purpose of the Fund is to help communities address issues of local concern to them. It is primarily aimed at community and voluntary organisations and provides grants of £5,000 per Councillor for small scale projects that meet community needs within the District of Stratford upon Avon. Bids should normally be supported by the County Councillor for the electoral division in which the project is based. The closing date for all applications is 5pm on Friday 7th October and all applicants will be informed of the decision by early December.
Council Tax reviews – Each year the District Council reviews how much reduction in Council Tax is given to working age people. There are a number of proposed changes for next year and the District Council is currently consulting on this.
- The Mop in Stratford – The 2016 annual Mop Fair in Stratfordupon-Avon takes place on Tuesday 11 October and Wednesday 12 October. The Charity Mop is on Tuesday 11 October from 4pm until 11pm.
- Stratford District Council condemns Hate Crime – full details in the breifing
- New Register for information regarding new Planning Applications – Stratford-on-Avon District Council has launched an online tool which has been designed to help all Parishes, partners and residents access information on new planning applications within their neighbourhoods.
Full details on Stratford-on-Avon District Council meetings & Community Forum Meetings
Do take a look!