UnLtd’s Social Switch On programme gives NCS graduates an opportunity to continue their social action projects by providing a £500 cash award and support to make their ideas a reality. UnLtd supports people who want to create a positive change in their communities. We call these people ‘social entrepreneurs’; social because they are interested in their community or society, and entrepreneur because they make things happen.
The Social Switch On programme is UnLtd’s offer for NCS graduates to continue their social action journey by supporting them to use their passion, experience and knowledge to deliver their own social action projects.
A social entrepreneur is anyone who wants to make a difference for the better and has thought about making money through their idea which can be used to help more people. Anyone can be a social entrepreneur, including you.
We fund projects that address a clear social issue. Social Switch On will fund a current social action project or a new idea.
The list below shows the minimum criteria for a Social Switch On Award. The eligibility criteria are:
– Are you a National Citizen Service (NCS) graduate?
– Are you aged between 16 and 20? (Up to 25 if you have a disability)
– Are there at least two people in your group?
– Do you live in England?
– Do you have an idea for making your community a better place to live in?
– Do you need help to turn your idea into a real project?
Our offer to NCS graduates:
– £500 cash Award
– Access to a project support guide
– Invitations to ‘Dream, Act, Inspire’ networking events
– Access to further UnLtd and partner opportunities
– Validation of 16 hours social action time
All details and the online application form can be found at our dedicated website: