You can now apply for a grant from the NFU Trust.
Following a recent strategic review, the Trustees have indicated that in future, the Trust will focus on providing funding to larger initiatives, which would have a significant impact on the rural community. The Trustees are particularly interested in initiatives in the areas of education of young people in rural areas and relief of poverty within rural areas.
The Trustees meet twice a year to consider applications received. These meetings are currently held in June and December.
In 2016 applications for the June meeting must be submitted by 27th May and applications for the November meeting must be submitted by 28th October 2016.
The Objectives of the Trust
The objectives of The NFU Mutual Charitable Trust are to promote, facilitate and support such purposes as are exclusively charitable according to the laws of England and Wales in the areas of agriculture, rural development and insurance in the United Kingdom and in particular
* To advance the education of the public by means of research and dissemination of information in relation to agriculture
* To advance the education of young people within rural areas
* To relieve poverty within rural areas
* To promote the benefit and social welfare of inhabitants of rural communities by associating together with the inhabitants and local authorities, voluntary and other * organisations to advance education and leisure
* To promote research into agriculture associated activities
* To advance the education of the public by means of research and dissemination of information in relation to insurance
provided that the charity may also promote, facilitate and support any such other purposes as are exclusively charitable according to the laws of England and Wales.
Applications for funding for projects and initiatives falling within the Objects of the Trust can be made in writing to:
The NFU Mutual Charitable Trust
Stratford upon Avon