The Covenant Fund will have 4 broad funding themes now and in future years. They are: removing barriers to family life; extra support after service for those that need help; measures to integrate military and civilian communities and allow the armed forces community to participate as citizens; and non-core healthcare services for veterans.
The themes will shape the fund, and annual priorities will ensure that it stays focussed and current. For 2015/16 these priorities will be projects that support:
- Local armed forces community integration projects.
- The coordination and delivery of support to the armed forces community.
- Veterans in the criminal justice system.
To address the priorities, MoD will make funding available for:
- Small grants up to £20,000, primarily for community integration projects, which will be launched and open to applications in 13 August, with a deadline of 17 September, with the deadline for the second round in October 2015.
- Large grants up to £500,000, for more strategic, higher impact projects (one round this year) which will also launch on 13 August with a deadline for EoIs of 24 September.
Decisions on both small and large grants will be made by a national panel based on the recommendations of regional panels.
More information at – www.gov.uk/government/publications/covenant-fund/the-covenant-fund-time-to-get-started