Residents are invited to Stratford-on-Avon District Annual Conference where there will be an opportunity for you to meet leaders from the county council, district council, police, health and voluntary sector.
The conference will take place in Wellesbourne onWednesday 2nd December 6 pm – 9 pm at The University of Warwick (formerly Horticultural Research Institute, A429 Cirencester Road), Wellesbourne Campus, Wellesbourne CV35 9EF. Registration and refreshments will be available from 6.00 pm with a market place, and presentations from 7.00pm to 9.00pm. This event is being organised by Warwickshire County Council and Stratford-on-Avon District Council with a ‘spotlight on our communities’ giving residents the opportunity to:
- Hear ‘what’s on the horizon’ from the leaders in the public and community sector,
- Hear about the positive work that all partners are doing with communities linked to the priorities within Stratford-on-Avon District Social Inclusion Statement,
- Celebrate in the achievements of local communities,
- Be involved in the development of future priorities for the community, and discuss issues that are emerging in the district.
Steve Orchard Touch FM will be facilitating this year’s conference with guest speakers to include:-
- Cllr Izzi Seccombe, Leader of Warwickshire County Council.
- Cllr Chris Saint, Leader Stratford-on-Avon District Council
- Ron Ball, Police and Crime Commissioner for Warwickshire
- David Squires, Voluntary Action Stratford-on-Avon District
- ·Dr David Spraggett, Chair of South Warwickshire Clinical Commissioning Group
Part of the conference will be centred on the development of future priorities for communities where all delegates will be invited to raise community issues around the following themes:
- Access to services through geographical Isolation
- Sense of belonging to your local community
- Individuals health and wellbeing
- Barriers to education, employment and training
- Low income households, high debt households and poverty
For more information and to book a place, please click on the link below: