Warwickshire County Council (WCC) would like to offer community and voluntary organisations the opportunity to bid for funding.
Joint Healthy South Warwickshire Funding: funded by Public Health Warwickshire (part of Warwickshire County Council), South Warwickshire Clinical Commissioning Group, Stratford District Council and Warwick District Council.
The partners are looking to fund community and voluntary sector projects primarily up to the value of £10,000 for a one year contract, with the possibility of a one year extension – subject to satisfactory performance (up to 50% of funding for year 2, subject to funding availability).
Statutory or national organisations or individuals who are working in a partnership led by local ‘not for profit’ groups and/or town and parish councils in relation to the specific project that funds are being requested for can still apply, so long as the project focuses and is based in Warwick and/or Stratford District.
Projects should address one or more of the outcomes below:
- Reduction in unhealthy lifestyle behaviours including (but not limited to) smoking and excessive alcohol consumption.
- Promotion of activities that reduce obesity related long term conditions, e.g. increase healthy eating and/or physical activity.
- Increased utilisation of outdoor space for exercise/health.
- Reduction of unplanned hospital admissions and supporting people to stay happy, healthy and well in their homes.
- Reduction in social isolation – people reporting they have as much contact as they would like.
- Improved self-reported mental wellbeing – using Warwick and Edinburgh Mental Wellbeing Scale.
The bidding process is being facilitated through the Coventry, Solihull and Warwickshire Joint E-Tendering Service (CSW-JETS). Interested parties must register as a CSW-JETS user to access all of bidding documents, by going to www.csw-jets.co.uk
The bidding process ends (bids can be submitted up to) at 12.00 noon on 30 October 2015.
In putting together bids VASA is able to offer the following assistance:
- Help using CSW-JETS.
- Critical friend for draft bids.
- Help with related matters, e.g. deciding on a legal structure, writing a constitution, setting up a bank account, arranging suitable insurance cover, putting in place necessary policies and procedures.
- Signposting to other sources of funding. To run alongside this funding or, in the event of an unsuccessful bid, as an alternative.
- Help to determine and/or quantify social return on investment.
- Help to set strategic context of bids/ideas.
- Support for community consultation leading to bids.
- Help to determine appropriate outputs, outcomes and projected impacts.
- Help to put in place suitable sustainability measures.
- Help with the recruitment and management of volunteers.
For more information on the support that VASA can offer please contact David Morgan, Funding and Development Officer, by telephone 01789 298102 or email email@example.com