Changes to funding criteria
As less waste is going into landfill sites and the percentage of tax that can be distributed through the Landfill Communities Fund is decreasing, BIFFA have had to tighten our eligibility criteria.
They know this can be disappointing, but Biffa Award as a scheme is heavily oversubscribed and there is now less funding to distribute. The following changes will come into effect as of 1st May 2016:
· All Community Buildings and Recreation (ENTRUST D and E) projects must be within 5 miles of a Biffa operation and 10 miles of any landfill sites or 10 miles of an active Biffa Landfill site. Please check your eligibility with our postcode checker.
· All Rebuilding Biodiversity (ENTRUST DA) projects must be within 15 miles of a Biffa operation. Please check your eligibility with our postcode checker.
· The Small Grants Scheme will be closed in its current form.
· Biffa Award will now have one grant scheme where applicants can apply for between £10,000 and £75,000, with the project total cost not exceeding £200,000 inc VAT.
· The Cultural Facilities theme will no longer be open to applications through the Main and Small Grants Schemes; instead we will support heritage projects through our Partnership Scheme project with the Association of Independent Museums.
If you have any queries about these points or your project’s eligibility, please get in touch with a member of the team on 01636 670000 or via email@example.com
Training from WWRAC on Welfare Rights for Older People
FEE: FREE to WCC / Warwickshire IPU staff – see leaflet for full details.
Looking to boost the independence of older people?This course will highlight the key benefits – Pension Credit and Attendance Allowance – which can significantly boost the finances and therefore wellbeing of your customers/clients.We detail Pension Credit which tops-up many people’s pensions, and show you how to meet the definition of ‘personal care’ for Attendance Allowance.The combination of these two can sometimes double the income of your customers.We also outline pension Reforms, explain exactly what / when ‘pension age’ actually is and outline how to challenge bad decisions.
SPECIAL OFFER !!! – attend this course AND our very practical “Attendance Allowance Filling in the Claim Form” on 23 June 2016 and save £20 on the overall fee – for some agencies that’s better than BOGOF!
See our flyer on Attendance Allowance Filling in the Claim Form or visit us on www.wwras.org.uk
BOOK on-line at www.wwras.org.uk/3-booking-form.htm
SEND BOOKING SLIP TO:WARWICKSHIRE WELFARE RIGHTS ADVICE SERVICE, 1 STRATFORD ST, NUNEATON, CV11 5BSTel: (024) 7637 2069 ext 29 Fax: (024) 7637 5033e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
HOW TO CONTACT USAccess via our website:www.wwras.org.uk
For MORE DETAILS about course content or to book a tailor-made course, contact Stephen Watkins at: email@example.com