Warwickshire Police are currently looking for people to join their Citizens Academy. Attached is a poster that gives you the details of the Academy and when the start dates are etc. Those interested can contact the details on the poster.
What are Citizens’ Academies?
Citizens’ Academies provide individuals with access to and information about policing services through a ten-week taught course delivered to 25 students aged 18 or over.
Students develop a knowledge of policing, and will be more engaged with the police and other agencies, and may become more involved in the wider police family through Neighbourhood Watch, or the Independent Advisory Groups.
The main objectives of the academies are:
* To give participants an awareness and experience of policing issues and activities.
* To provide opportunities for discussion about perceptions of the police and policing functions.
* To provide information and advice on crime prevention and safety.
* To enable participants to be better informed about policing and the challenges facing policing.
* To seek participants to become involved in policing as a Police Service Volunteer, Special Constable, Police Cadet or join community/advisory groups.
* To create positive ambassadors for local policing.
* To involve people who may have a negative experience or negative views of policing.