Stratford’s Remembering Tree.
GAGA UK are yarn bombing this year from 8am (Bancroft Gardens, Stratford upon Avon) – Sunday 20th November.
They will need help with attaching panels of crocheted/knitted squares to trees, basically. If you are happy and confident up a ladder, then great. If not, they’ll also need ‘spotters’ for the bottom of ladders for health and safety reasons. They also need people to help measure out panels for the tree, possibly unstitch and re-stitch a few to make sure they fit. This year GAGA UK are again, not just yarn bombing one tree!! But also a few smaller ones – so there’ll be plenty to do!!
Please let Sarah (details below) know if you are available to help on the day and for how long and she will confirm more details closer to the time. Last year it all finished at around 2pm, and so Sarah is aiming for this once again.
They have 24 smaller trees they want to cover, but GAGA UK will just do as many as they can on the day.
Sarah will then continue the following week with covering trees – so… if you’re unable to help on 20th November but would love to be involved, just let Sarah know if you have a couple of hours free the week beginning 21st November as she’d be very happy for your help!
Other things you might be able to help GAGA UK with:
- They will be looking for business sponsors for this event. The Woollen Winter Wonderland (the 24 smaller trees), is in a great ‘touristy’ spot (at Holy Trinity –shhh it’s a secret) and businesses will be able to sponsor a tree and promote their name. If you know of anyone who might be interested please let Sarah know. (min. Business sponsorship £45; tree £100)
- They are also offering trees to community groups, schools, knitting groups etc – so for a small donation they will be able to cover their own tree and promote their group. Please let Sarah know if you know anyone, or have any ideas! (min. Donation £25)
- If you know any knitters or crocheters please appeal to them for 8inch squares, colourful and bright J
- If you know anyone who may be interested in busking for GAGA UK, through December, to help raise awareness and funds again, please let Sarah know or ask them to get in touch.
- They will be needing a couple of long ladders on Sunday 20th November, plus a step ladder or two – if you know anyone who can help please let Sarah know!
- Other upcoming events: On 3rd December GAGA UK are holding a Christmas concert with the well known Tarantara choir, in Lower Quinton. If you would like to help out with the promotion of this event, finding sponsors, or helping on the evening please get in contact asap.
- If you have children in the family, please see the attached! GAGA UK have a Name our mascot competition, and you could be in with a chance of winning a family ticket to Compton Verney. http://www.gaga-uk.org/support-us/events
That’s a big long list, but whatever you can help with would be fantastic!
Any questions (or advice!), please don’t hesitate to get in touch – with Sarah (email@example.com / 01789 414088 )