Please Select Your Question Category
At any one time the Volunteer Centre has around 450 different roles that it is trying to recruit volunteers for. The types of roles vary hugely, but the following givea a flavour of what’s out there:
- Make a cup of tea for someone
- Drive a minibus
- Help on a conservation site
- Help a voluntary group with its social media
- Counsel someone
- Wash up and lay tables at a lunch club
- Befriend someone in need
- Do the accounts for a voluntary group
- Help out at a youth club
- Work with older people
- Do some gardening
- Drive people to medical appointments
- Work with computers
What are the Benefits of Volunteering?
Volunteers give their time freely and have the opportunity to be involved in something that they really want to do. There are many benefits, including:
- Meet new friends and gain confidence whilst you develop new skills.
- Help your community and gain work experience.
- Benefit from high quality training.
- Enhance your CV and improve your employment opportunities.
- Test the ground and change career direction.
- Have fun.
VASA | Voluntary Action Stratford Upon Avon
Registered Charity Number 1067584 | Voluntary Action Stratford-on-Avon District
Company limited by Guarantee number 3482562 (England and Wales) | Copyright © 2016 Voluntary Action Stratford-on-Avon District